Wednesday, July 11, 2018

An Open Letter to My Oldest Son

 Dear JJ,


I'm sorry.

Mommy is sorry for all of the times I have lost my patience with you. I know you don't understand now but I hope you understand when you get older..

You see, mommy loves you so much but she is overly stressed with taking care of your brother every minute of every day.

I know it doesn't make it right, but it makes mommy human. 

I know you get jealous and I am trying to do my best to juggle my time with you and your brother. You may not understand his condition but Jaxson needs a lot of my attention right now.

I love our movie and ice cream dates.

I love our tickle fights.

I love how you say "Smash-potatoes".

I love your creativity and imagination.

I love that even at almost five years old that you still love to give mommy kissies and cuddles.

I want you to know that I am so proud of the little man you have become. You are so smart and so sweet.

Love, Mom

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 27, 2018 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, gosh this hits home. Love this!

 
At July 27, 2018 at 8:27 PM , Anonymous Jojo Hua said...

This was so sweet and heartfelt. I could definitely feel all the love coming from you. And it's ok to lose your patience every now and then! Don't be too hard on yourself :)

 
At August 20, 2018 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Milestone Travels said...

God bless you! It is so hard being a mom but to add in a child with extra needs. I am sure your son will understand when he gets older. The one thing about children is that they are very resilient and as long as you keep encouraging JJ he will be fine!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Failure to Thrive No More: An Open Letter to My Oldest Son

This page has found a new home

An Open Letter to My Oldest Son

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin