Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Jaxson's Adventure at Play Zone and Maynard's Donuts

Play Zone

I took the boys to Play Zone on 9 Mile Rd in Pensacola. My friend Lynne invited us out and I'm really glad she did, we were literally there for FOUR hours. Generally I'm a hermit because it is hard at times to go out with two boys, especially when one is special needs. I'm trying to do better because it's not JJ's fault, he's a crazy almost five year old and needs to let out his energy running around (wow where has the time gone?). I don't want him cooped up in his house all day because mom is afraid his brother is going to get sick (he gets sick easily) or gets hurt. I just have that constant fear of having to go to the hospital again.

The location of Play Zone is perfect! It's in a small shopping center and it has a donut shop, asian cuisine, boutique, Sammy Barker's, etc. You can let your little kids play as long as you can handle (lol), run over and grab some lunch, come back or go home, whatever you want to do! It's awesome. There is a baby area for children younger than one and then there was the toddler section with an awesome water bed both boys enjoyed. 

JJ in the toddler section @ Play Zone

Jaxson in the baby section @ Play Zone


Maynard's Donut Co

I've heard great things about this donut shop and I was happy to hear that it was literally RIGHT next door to Play Zone. YASSSS. They have all kinds of specialty donuts: PB&J, oreo, coconut, cocoa or fruity pebbles, maple bacon, maple, glazed, apple and peach fritters--YOU NAME IT. I was in donut heaven, it was so hard to just pick one haha. Jaxson tried grabbing it through the glass, that poor boy was hangry after our time at Play Zone.

Y'all need to check them out!! Look at those delicious fruity pebble and toasted coconut donut. We saved this for last, we decided to let the kids run around for four hours first before we even thought about bringing them to the donut shop. Even in the donut shop they had a ton of energy.

Fruity Pebbles and Toasted Coconut Donuts @ Maynard's

I Heart Bento

Of course mommy had to stop into the bento shop! If you read the 21 facts about mom you would know that I'm half Okinawan and LOVE seafood. I really miss home and the takoyaki (fried octopus) definitely made me miss it even more. I just wish they weren't located so far from where we live, it's a good 40-45 minute drive because of traffic, it's crazy. I think they are literally 20 miles away from our house but the traffic is horrendous.

Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl @ I <3 Bento

The drive home...

Our little chunk and big brother definitely had fun yesterday. I will try my best not to be a recluse and do more with the kids. I'm definitely taking them back to that place in the future. 💙

Out cold

Vote For Me @ The Top Mommy Blogs Directory

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At July 25, 2018 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm NOT a fan of seafood, but you make it look good!

I also have trouble getting out of the house at times, but for another reason: my social anxiety. But like you, I know my daughter needs social interaction (with someone others than mommy) and to see the world.

We do the best we can to get over these various hurdles, all in the name of love so our children can thrive!

 
At July 25, 2018 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

Looks like a fun day! Thank you for sharing your adventures!

 
At July 26, 2018 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you guys are having to much fun! Thank you for sharing!

 
At July 26, 2018 at 10:18 AM , Blogger ThatUnknownBlogger said...

Awee that is so cute. I love donuts! :D & the pictures looks so great. Thank you for sharing this wonderful day you had with us. :)

 
At July 26, 2018 at 10:42 AM , Blogger JaxsonsMomJennie said...

Thank you for commenting. I don't have social anxiety but I had severe anxiety about leaving the house. I was always scared something bad was going to happen--it was very bad.

We will do anything for our children! <3

 
At July 26, 2018 at 10:42 AM , Blogger JaxsonsMomJennie said...

Thank you :)

 
At July 26, 2018 at 10:43 AM , Blogger JaxsonsMomJennie said...

Thank you for stopping by :) I used my iPhone 6S Plus for those photos believe it or not! I need to invest in a camera next ;)

 
At July 28, 2018 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Amanda Lei said...

Those donuts look amazing! You’re making me hungry

 
At July 29, 2018 at 12:13 AM , Blogger JaxsonsMomJennie said...

Giiiirl, haha. I want to go back for some more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Failure to Thrive No More: Jaxson's Adventure at Play Zone and Maynard's Donuts

This page has found a new home

Jaxson's Adventure at Play Zone and Maynard's Donuts

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin