Tuesday, November 20, 2018

The Sunshine Blogger Award | Peer Recognition



The Sunshine Blogger Award
A couple weeks ago I was nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award. I am humbled to be nominated and I thank The Sublime Mom Life for nominating me. There are days where I think I'm not doing enough or not doing great and when I get these nominations it makes me feel a whole lot better. Thank you!

What Is The Sunshine Blogger Award
The Sunshine Blogger Award is, basically, peer recognition among the blogger community.  Bloggers nominate other bloggers that they feel are “creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.”
A blogger chain letter, if you will. Yeah, we all hate those emails that say you’re gonna have gloom and doom if you don’t pass it on to another 50,000 people. However, I appreciate this “chain letter” award because it’s a nice pat on the back, letting you know that you have somehow touched someone out in the blogging world with something you have written. Kinda like saying, “hey, you aren’t doing this for nothing.”
Rules For The Sunshine Blogger Award
Let’s cover some rules for participation in the Sunshine Blogger Award.
-Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
-Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
-Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the blogger award and write them 11 new questions.
-List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/and or your blog.


Questions From The Nominator For The Sunshine Blogger Award
1. What made you want to begin a blog?

I started blogging back in June 2018 because our youngest son was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition called Dyrk1a Syndrome. There wasn’t much information about his condition and I found that majority of the parents in the support group went through the same difficulties as us. I wanted to share our struggles publicly in hopes to help another family and reach an undiagnosed family.

2. What do you find to be the hardest part of blogging?

In my opinion finding content to write. I do write a lot about Jaxson and his adventures with Dyrk1a Syndrome but I decided to add my life as a military spouse and my love for health and fitness.

3. What do you wish you had known before you began your blog?

I wish I did more research! I went with Blogger and honestly, I wish I went with Wordpress. They have many plug-ins you can use and when you transfer your blog to a domain and host it is super easy!

4. What accomplishment are you the most proud of?

Going back to school. I decided to go back to school for Medical Billing and Coding in May when we received Jaxson’s diagnosis. I wanted to be able to work from home and take care of him when he got older and aged out of school.

5. Using one word, how would you describe yourself?

Determined. I fight to ensure that our kids get the care and help they need. I fight to better myself with my Olympic lifts.

6. Do you hang your toilet paper over or under?

I hang it over. You’re a monster if you don’t, haha. Totally kidding!

7. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?

This is tough. I am going to go with brawling haha. I’m a pretty chill person but if someone threatens my family, I will start swinging.

8. What is the most outrageous food you’ve tried?

Another tough question. I grew up in Okinawa so we ate a lot of different foods, most can’t say that they’ve eaten outrageous foods. I guess I will have to go with a lollipop with a cricket inside of it, it’s actually pretty yummy if you can get over that there is a cricket in it haha.

9. What’s your favorite season?

Fall! I absolutely love fall. I love the changing of the leaves, pumpkin comes back, and you start to feel a little crisp early in the mornings. It’s also a time to go out to the farms to spend the day with my family pumpkin picking, hay rides, corn maze, etc.

10. Who was your first celebrity crush?

I would have to say, Heath Ledger. I loved the movie 10 Things I Hate About You, I can quote every line of that movie.

11. What’s your absolute most favorite thing to do?

I absolutely love to work out in our garage. It is definitely a big stress reliever in my life. I am a busy stay-at-home mom, I go to school full-time, and I take care of our special needs son during the day.



And the Nominees Are

I am nominating you because I love what you do and think that you all are amazing bloggers. 












And the Questions Are

1. What is your favorite season?
2. What is your guilty pleasure?
3. What is your favorite thing to watch on TV?
4. What do you find is the hardest part of blogging?
5. Who was your first celebrity crush?
6. What is your favorite animal?
7. What are your blogging goals for the next five years?
8. If you could go one place in the world, where would it be?
9. What made you start blogging?
10. What is your favorite food, and why?
11. What is your favorite song?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Failure to Thrive No More: The Sunshine Blogger Award | Peer Recognition

This page has found a new home

The Sunshine Blogger Award | Peer Recognition

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin